Today, the Agency for Financial Support of the Agriculture and Rural Development has made payment of the additional state aid of 20% for holders of agricultural holdings registered as an agriculture operator in compliance to the Law on Agricultural Activity or that are registered as individual farmers in compliance to the Law on pension and disability insurance.
The additional aid is granted to agricultural holdings that are beneficiaries of direct payments and have registered appropriate areas and animals:
· from minimum 5 to maximum 50 ha of registered area with agriculture crops with mandatory use of certified seed material
· from minimum 1 to maximum 5 ha of registered area with vegetable crops
· from minimum 1 to maximum of 5 ha of registered area with fruit crops
· from minimum 1 to maximum of 10 ha of registered area with vineyards
· from minimum 10 to maximum 50 heads of cattle
· from minimum 101 to a maximum of 500 sheep
· from minimum 50 to maximum 150 goats
· from minimum 6 to maximum 50 sows
· from minimum 50 to maximum 100 bee families
"The support in the agricultural sector recognizes the farmers whose main economic activity is agricultural production as a special category. For this purpose, the Law on Agriculture and Rural Development, as well as the Program for Financial Support of the Agriculture stipulates for this category of farmers 20% additional financial support. For this purpose, the Agency with this payment supports 1,925 farmers, reimbursing 58.9 million denars," said Director Bachovski.